zondag 25 februari 2018

Mission Life # 48 REJOICE, be the salt of the earth

Maandag 29 januari 2018

Hallootjes!
How is everyone!? I'm doing good! This week was really interesting. I've spent the first half of the week in Kwatta. We had interviews with the mission president. It was really good. While zuster Jordan had her interview, a boy came and asked if we had work for him so he could have some money to buy some food. We were in the church building, so we told him that we didn't know if he good do a chore or something and we can't give money. But that afternoon I was making dinner to take with me for interviews and I felt prompted to take a lot of food with me. I thought maybe for president and sister Egbert, but nope it was for this boy.

Last Sunday I gave away my water to a man who wanted us to buy him soda (but it was Sunday). So Wednesday I gave away the food I didn't eat. It felt really good. I also got the letter from the Gerrits family! Thanks!!

Thursday we had an amazing lesson with a dear family. They always take forever to get ready, so we decided to talk to some people on the street. So we talked to this guy. Not interested, didn't want a pamphlet. But we got to know him a little bit, so at the end he wanted a pamphlet! Gospel changes hearts. So yeah, the lesson with the family we watched the Restoration video. It brought the Spirit. They all felt good and happy. We testified, sister C. testified. THE SPIRIT OF GOD LIKE A FIRE IS BURNING. The Spirit was really strong. It feels so comfortable.

Friday was zone conference! It was so good. Really motivated me to not only be an obedient missionary, but also a diligent and consecrated passionate missionary. I really needed that.

So the other half of the week I was in Rainville. I'm back! It's weird to be back. I started my mission in Suriname here. The area is kind off dead. BUT niet gevreesd. It won't stay like that, because my companion and me are determined to find people and baptize them. We were contacting and we met a lady who didn't live there, but she was just visiting from the Netherlands. But she is having a hard time, so we were an answer to her prayers. She gave us her information so the missionary in the Netherlands can visit her. She lives in Zaandam. It was a really cool experience. She needed us. We said a prayer with her. It's amazing to be the Lord's servants.
I want to share some things I learned during my personal study this week.

I read in 3 Nephi 12:13
13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the salt of the earth; but if the salt shall lose its savor wherewith shall the earth be salted? The salt shall be thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and to be trodden under foot of men.
I felt the Spirit telling me, commanding me to be the salt of the earth. God needs me, because wherewith shall the earth be salted otherwise? I know I'm at the place God wants me to be. Rainville is a tough area, but I have faith, I want to work hard. I know that this area will grow. I know God has a plan for me and all of his children. I know this gospel is true. Because of it I have reason to rejoice.
Mosiah 4
11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.
12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.

My mission theme is rejoice. If we forgive we have a reason to rejoice, if we feel forgiven, we feel happy. We will grow in knowledge. He wants to give us that knowledge. He wants us to know Him. So I want to invite you to get to know God but praying with a sincere heart. He will hear you. He is God. God is love. Nothing can separate us from His love (Romans 8:35, 38-39). I love Him. I know He loves me. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Lobi,
Zuster Spijkerman




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten