woensdag 18 juli 2018

Mission Life #72 Finding the elect 2.0

Maandag, 16 juli 2018.

Goedemiddag iedereen!

 

Where do I even start? 
I don't have time to tell you about week 71, so I will just tell you about this last week. It was amazing. It flew by. it was also kinda crazy. We found so many coool people!! So our first day in Kwatta we had aa appointment with a guy named Gerson. We couldn't find his house and he didn't answer his phone. We kinda forgot about him, till one day. We were kinda like in the neighborhood and didn't know what to do. So we were looking for him again. There was this little boy. We asked him if he knew where the 5 grey houses were. And he led us there and then disappeared. Our little angel. He wasn't there, but we were able to call him and set up a new appointment. HE IS AMAZING! He understands super well! And he sees this as a sign. The second lesson his girlfriend joined us at the end. We talked to her for a little bit and it turned out that the elders visit her mom! Super awesome. 


WeE just had so many good lessons with elect people. Anand is one of our other investigators. He is a drug addict, but received a priesthoodblessing a couple weeks ago and hasn't touched it since. He really wants to be baptized. He said that he wants to listen to God, because God listens to him! AMEN bro. 
And then after the lesson we called our next appointment. He cancelled. Great. En nu? I remembered a recent convert who is less active. He was taught by the elders in Paramaribo but he lives in our area now. He was missing for a couple months. No one knew where he went. So we found him! That was a huge miracle! And then we talked to 2 girls on the street and they are amazing. One of the girls is so prepared! We had 2 lessons with her already. When we talked about Joseph Smith and asked her if she has ever wondered which church is true. She said yes. She has been praying for that for the longest time, but she was never able to find the truth. And now we are teaching her! So amazing. 

We had to go to the doctor, because I have a weird rash on my foot and sister Spencer had a really really bad sunburn with blisters and stuff. I talked to a really cool man there! It took like 4 hours to get there, geholpen worden, get the medication stuff. So dat was een beetje gek. All the lessons fell through so we stopped by Lativa. It was her son's birthday. I was there last year too! We just said hi got some food and left to our appointment, which fell through. Then on our way back a man yelled at us. Kom je ook uit Rotterdam? So we turned around. This man was sooooo drunk my goodness. But he said he admires us. When I pointed at my nametag he was like 'I love you' and he gave us both a hand kiss. UGH! I washed my hand like 3 times. :)

So the new challenge is to talk to 20 people everyday. We pretty much did that on Saturday! For all of our appointments fell through so we talked to everyone. It was great. No one was really interested except for a man from Sint Maarten! But bearing testimony of heavenly Father is the greatest thing ever. It makes them feel loved, because they are loved! We needed toilet paper, and I only had $3,25 SRD. So I prayed and the toilet paper was only $2,25. Miracles. 


Then I felt like I should talk to this kid sitting on his bromfiets. I was scared though because maybe he was a creeper. He looked so sad though! So we told him God loves him and it touched him. Oh earlier that day we talked to a lady from Nederland! That was really cool. She had been to temple square in Salt Lake City! Crazy! She doesn't believe in God but she was really respectful.

YESTERDAY. (Sunday)
Boy. I experienced a fullness of joy. We were in church and right before sacrement meeting 3 investigators walked in. 1 of them is a 9 year old who's not baptized but the rest of the family is. The other ones were Anand and Aniel. Aniel was a referral from the other elders in the branch. Their first contact was really awkard 'geen tijd, bel me maar'. They never called him, because he didn't seem interested. A couple months later the man saw them and told them to call him. They did and had an appointment, but it was outside of their area. So we taught him. He is amazing! And he came to church! During sacrement I prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for the miracles. Sister Spencer and I looked at each other and tears filled our eyes. We were so grateful, so happy. We sang in sacrament meeting. We are going to start a choir! Finally!!!! 

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Heavenly Father by serving the people here. My testimony of the Restoration grew. It is a special message and most important message people can hear. It is the truth. Because the truth is restored we have the fullness of the gospel. We can have a fullness of joy. And I know that you all can feel this happiness I feel right now by sharing the knowledge you have of God. He is our loving Heavenly Father. He watches over us.

I love you all and I want to leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lobi,
Zuster Spijkerman

ps I didn't take a lot of pictures sorry. We had a perfect avocado though! SOO GOOD






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten