dinsdag 28 november 2017

Mission Life #35

Maandag 30 oktober 2017

Bon tardi! Kon bai?

I really don't know what happened this week. It's been rough scheduling appointments and contacting is a struggle too. But we had some appointments. One was with our recent convert Renzo. He is doing okay. He has a piercing now and he threw a chair at his girlfriend or something who is also a member in this branch. So we were really worried about him. But they are still fine. We are not sure what happened exactly, but we prayed a lot for him. We finally helped him understand why reading the Book of Mormon everyday is so important. We shared 1 Nephi 15:23-24, but 25 is really good too.

23 And they said unto me: What meaneth the rod of ironwhich our father saw, that led to the tree?
24 And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversaryoverpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction.
25 Wherefore, I, Nephi, did exhort them to give heed unto the word of the Lord; yea, I did exhort them with all the energies of my soul, and with all the faculty which I possessed, that they would give heed to the word of God and remember to keep his commandments always in all things.

You have God's promise that if you read the Book of Mormon, you will be able to resist temptation, through the Atonement of Christ. 
We also had a lesson with an investigator. She has a lot of questions and the gospel has literally all the answers. We had a lesson with her last Friday. She asked why she is here and how we know who has the priesthood and all these questions. It just makes me happy, because I know this gospel will help her so so much. 
Funny story. Wednesday we needed to take the car in, because the oil needed to get changed. But then we had no car to drive back. So we needed to walk for like 30 minutes haha. But it was good. Getting to know my companion. We talked about deep questions that one of our investigators has. A lot about why does it matter that God has a body? And how is it possible that we can be healed through the Atonement. So it was a really good talk. My companion is awesome. 
I'm on my mission for 8 months already it's crazy! Time is such a crazy thing don't you think?? 
Well I don't have a lot to say! I just want to say I love you all! I love hearing from you! It's almost Sinterklaas en Kerst. I'm excited. I hope I will be here in Bonaire still. I love it here. It rains a lot lately! Which is nice, because then it's not that hot. 
Oh we saw flamingo's last week!! It's crazy how pink they are. It looks weird when they fly haha. Oh well, all creatures of God. I love the gospel so so much! I know it is true. It can and it will help you a lot when you live it. HAve a great week! Pasa bon tardi!
Mi stima bo! Te amo! Doei doei! Ayo!
Zuster Spijkerman

a kid put this in our shoes and a really green lizzard!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten