maandag 31 juli 2017

Mission Life #20 Ups and downs

Maandag, 17 juli 2017


WAUW 

Okay let's say hi first. Hi!Ai go? Ai go bun! (how are you? I'm good! in taki taki/Sranantongo/Surinamese). So this week was crazy! I don't have a lot of time but I will tell you my spiritual highlight. 

We have this investigator. I think I told you about her. SHE IS AMAZING. So we really felt that she could be baptized on the 22nd of July. And we knew she wasn't married yet, but we just knew it was good for her. So we had a bold baptism lesson. We talked about why she wants to get baptized. Really, she has soo much faith. She told us that she would pray about it. Later that day she texted us and she said that she knew that she needed to get baptized on that day. God confirmed it to her. It was so powerful. I felt the Spirit while reading that text. In fact, zuster Barker and I cried. She accepted to get baptized. But... she needs to get married. But her.. man? boyriend? didn't really want to. It was to fast, too snel. So we fasted. And guess what? Friday she told us he was willing to get married and get everything done! But.... yesterday we got a text from her. He wasn't willing anymore.... But.... today she told us that he wants to get married. So wow. We will get there with some ups and downs!

So I prayed to have more patience... And I thinkwith our investigator's situation is really something that is testing my patience... I also got sick on Saturday. I felt so bad. My stomach had never hurt so much in my entire life. I could not move. I cried because it was so bad. Why am I telling you this? Because I learned something. We have to be patient with ourselves. We have to endure. I also thought of the Savior. He suffered. Soo much. I felt so much pain. I asked got to remove that cup from me, but it didn't happen. Why? I don't know. But it has learned me how to endure. We can handle more than we think, if we think of the Savior. 

I just want to testify that He is my Redeemer. I know He lives. He suffered for us, so we don't have to suffer that much, because we have someone to lean on. He knows exactly how I feel, how you feel. That gives me strength. 

Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meekand lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Why is is yoke easy and His burden light? Because we devide the weight. And in fact, He carries more than you do. I testify as a representative of Jesus Christ that Jesus is the Christ. He can heal you, because He has healed me. I know it. I know it. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Zuster Spijkerman

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten