zondag 28 mei 2017

Mission life #12 I'm still breathing

Maandag, 22 mei 2017

Hola! 
Let me explain the subject first. Before I got here I thought I wouldn't be able to breath for 16 months, but it's not that bad! It's hot, but also cold! Like really! 

Life in Suriname is crazy! It rains a lot like O MY GOODNESS! So many houses were unde water, partly. The streets were under water for at least 10 cm and we had to bike through that #fun. It was really funny. 

Tuesday was a really good day, despite the rain. We had district meeting, which was awesome. After that we got ourselves some bami and a fresh smoothie. The bami is yellow! It's really good. But I'm not only gonna talk about food, because I'm not here for the food (okay maybe a little bit). I'm here to invite other to come unto Christ. And that's what we did! We had a lesson with a guy named Jerry. His sons is a lessactive. After waiting for like an hour (30 minutes in a Chinese store because it was pooring. They sold speculoos daar! and 30 minutes in the rain) he came on his bromfiets. He is so awesome. He said he wants to change. He wanted to come to church and said he would talk to his son. But neither of them came to church 😑. Before we left, we asked him if we could help him with cleaning or cooking or something. And then he said he would make us dinner. So that same night, we came over AGAIN and he gave us really delicious food. Pumpkin something, chicken or something and rice. It was spicy! But I'm still alive.

Wednesday, we had a lesson with a lessactive in the morning. Again it was pooring. Her house was under water. She's ... interesting. She stares at you. She makes you feel uncomfortable, so we laughed a lot. It was bad.... oops. 

We stayed in for the rest of the day, because Zuster Bokai wasn't feeling good. I did some crafting and I studied a little bit.

Thursday was amazing! we contacted a lot. People here are so nice! We can aks for phonennumbers and they will give it to you and you can set return appointments (not that they show up...) We had 2 new investigators on thursday.

Friday we did studies in the morning and we went out in the afternoon to visit Jerry, but he wasn't there, so we looked up a potential, who turned out to be really nice and awesome. She moved a couple times so she lost her book of Mormon (she met with missionaries before). We gave her a new Book of Mormon and she was sooooo happy!. We were there for sooooooo long.

For the rest, we contacted a lot and set return appointments. 5 new investigators! It was awesome. 2 of the people we contacted, had met with missionaries before. 

Saturday was awesome as well. We had soo many lessons! We went out at 10.30 am and came home at 7.30 pm. We had 4 lessons  with members, because we work with them a lot as well, because they need encouragement. 

Did I tell you about Marilyn, the Spanish girl? She is from the DR and she is sooo prepared! We try to teach her and we taught tithing and fastoffering and she said 'Oh, yeah I know' in Spanish. The next day we had 3 investigators in church and also Marilyn. She missed the sacrement, jammer genoeg, but she paid her tithing, because we taught her about it the day before! O my gosh. AMAZING!

 Today I bought shorts for 25 SRD which is something like 4 euro! OMG something stupid happened. We were buying fruit from a fruitstand (they have them everywhere). We were putting it in our bikebags. There I was. Standing with the bike in my hand. Ready to go. I car is coming. And he drives in a huge puddle and all the water fell on me!! There was noo reason to do that at all! Hater. Pffffff. It was gross. Ugh. It was funny though.

So I want to sent pictures. This computer is not reading my flashdrive/SD card.... 

 Sorry guys no pics again!!! aaaah so annoying. 

 But I want to testify about the book of mormon. In 2 Nephi 27 or 28 or 29 it's prophesying about Joseph Smith. Do you remember the story of the professor? Joseph Smith History . So they knew 2000 years before it actually happened that it would happen. That's awesome. People the book is true, gospel is true! Love you all!

Lots of love,
Zuster Spijkerman

64 “I went to the city of New York, and presented the characters which had been translated, with the translation thereof, to Professor Charles Anthon, a gentleman celebrated for his literary attainments. Professor Anthon stated 
that the translation was correct, more so than any hehad before 
seen translated from the Egyptian. I then showed him those 
which were not yet translated, and he said that they were 
Egyptian, Chaldaic, Assyriac, and Arabic; and he said they 
were true characters. He gave me a certificate, certifying to the 
people of Palmyra that theywere true characters, and that the 
translation of such of them as had been translated was also 
correct. I took thecertificate and put it into my pocket, and 
was just leavingthe house, when Mr. Anthon called me back, 
and asked me how the young man found out that there were 
gold plates in the place where he found them. I answered that an
angel of God had revealed it unto him.

65 “He then said to me, ‘Let me see that certificate.’ I accordingly took it out of my pocket and gave it to him,when 
he took it and tore it to pieces, saying that there wasno such thing 
now as ministering of angels, and that if I would bring the plates to him he would translate them. I informed him that part of the plates were sealed, and that I was forbidden to bring them. He replied, ‘I cannot read a sealed book.’ I left him and went to Dr. Mitchell, whos anctioned what Professor Anthon had said respecting both the characters and the translation.”

2 nephi 27

15 But behold, it shall come to pass that the Lord God shall say unto him to whom he shall deliver the book: Take these words which are not sealed and deliver them to another, that he may show them unto the learned, saying: Read this, I pray thee. And the learned shall say: Bring hither the book, and I will read them.

16 And now, because of the glory of the world and to get gain will they say this, and not for the glory of God.

17 And the man shall say: I cannot bring the book, for it is sealed.

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten