zondag 15 april 2018

Mission Life # 57 Spiritual

Maandag, 3 april 2018

Wow zoveel dingen om jullie te vertellen!



So yeah we had a really spiritual lesson on Monday night with one of our recent converts. She doesn't understand a lot so we have to teach very plainly. I could feel God's love for her, but also through her. She testified of Him. I almost cried. 

A lot of appointments fell through this week, but Justin is really loyal. We taught him a lot. He's getting baptized!! Which is kind of a miracle. His girlfriend was still living there 3 days ago and he was still smoking. But he told us yesterday that his grandson helps him, gives him the power to pray. He hasn't smoked in 2 days and his girlfriend is gone. He loved general conference. He said it woke him up. I was just really tired, so I was just like, wow I just feel like it makes me tired. But he is right. It wakes you up spiritually. 

So Saturday night after General Conference my bike broke. So we had to pump up the tire, but we had no pump and it was already 9 pm. So we called the closest elders, they gave us their pump. Then I had to  ride it for a little bit, pump it up again ride etc. I did it with a lot of faith. I felt like Peter walking on water. I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to keep the air in the bike. And I focused on Christ. So we could bike for a long long time. Then I had to pump it up once or twice. It was a blessing, but also a testimony builder, that we can do all things through Christ if we focus on Him.


I know the church of Jesus Christ is on the earth today. General Conference definitely strengthened my testimony of the truth. I can't pick my favorite talk, but I loved elder Bednar's talk about meekness. He made me think of a talk he gave about the character of Christ, which was played in the MTC. I want to study His true character, so I can know what God's character is. Meekness is a really important one. I know this gospel is true. I can't deny and I won't ever deny it. I want to testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Love, 
Zuster Spijkerman

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten